Friday, March 21, 2014

Dream Away

It’s past my time to go into deep sleep
But I lay awake, thinking for just one more moment,
And it suddenly feels like I’ve loved you forever.
The closer I get to you, the more the feeling grows,
Like I’ve known you not from this life,
Like you were always a part of my existence,
Like we’ve known each other from a time before,
You have always managed to make me feel home.
I had a tape across my heart, and it read ‘no trespassing!’,
But you,
You were very subtle, yet very persistent,
You laughed the warning off,
Tiptoed into my heart,
Slowly picked each piece of the mess,
And brought it all back together,
Assuring that you would never let it fall.
The countless ways in which you love,
The silence in you, that is almost disturbingly serene,
Calms the storm which is always raging in me,
Your angels dance with my demons,
The light in you is so bright that it sparks up
Even the darkest dustiest corners of my heart,
And all the colors in me are alive at once.
You are the happiness, the one that never got away.
And every time I look at you
I tell myself over again,
If love was a question
You and I would be the answer!

So again, I dream away…

2 comments: