Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Agony of being ASSUMED

“When you look at her with the eye of a hawk,
And you tear her pieces apart,
She never complaints, she never pounces back,
‘Coz you’ve already worn out of her heart…”

The problem with us, humans, is that the moment we see a mortal (usually better-off than us), we start dissecting them and the surgical analysis happens then and there. The best and the most common inference in my notice – “Aah! She’s such a BITCH!”

We’re so quick at reaching conclusions, and even quicker at labeling them. But few of us feel the need to look beyond the physical appearances and materialistic projections. We look at a person and decide what he/she should be, and ALL of us do that! Period!

I say it not because I do not belong to the ‘surgical’ clan, but because I’ve been the object of such operations, a lot many times! I’ve had days when I walk into a roomful of people and the first thing that they believe is “hellova attitude in the chic”, which ofcourse, is quite averse to the actual idea. So with a set of pre-assumptions, they whisper and talk among themselves, criticizing, analyzing… from head to toe, wondering what makes me like ‘this’; followed by a few appreciations as well. The good thing about me is that I hardly care to let those voices trespass my entity. I turn deaf and mute the picture. But when I walk out of the room, the least of 80% people stand up in admiration! (I’m not self-praising, but there’s a more grave point that I want to make, read ahead!)

The point to take back home is that if you see the adversity in being labeled you ruin yourself; but it is the advantage to look for, that can make you walk out with utmost pride. When you say ‘I don’t care’, you really shouldn’t! They key is to get numb. And when trivial talks don’t matter, you would feel the ‘agony’ has gone long ‘ago’ and what’s left with you are the remains of a comfortably numb yet strongly sensitive being, whose seen it all…

No comments:

Post a Comment