Sunday, July 18, 2010

LET GO – 'easier said than done' route!

“I told myself, I’ll never see you again,
I put up the rudeness, till I drove you insane,
I wanted you to hate me; I turned my back to you,
I wanted you to smile without me, and now you really do!”

‘Letting go’ is not the same as ‘not wanting’! You might not want a lot of things and people in life, but then you inevitably can’t let them go. When I say ‘let go’, my meanings are not confined  to releasing yourself, but realizing if continuing would be worth it. Someone once told me, its not the trait of the weak to let go, rather it’s the courage in you that can do this. And please, ‘let go’ is not about moving on!!!

She broke up, she dumped him, and she walked on the pretty flowers and promised to forget him… She knew it would hurt, she knew she would cry, but she couldn’t put up with losing respect anymore, and she just wouldn’t give it another try… She thought she had ‘let go’, of him, of the memories, of the moments, of the sins. And she was happy, smiling and brimming that she had a life! Till one day, when accidently, it hurt, it hurt again... But she thought that she had let go…???

Believe me, you can never let go till you continue to self-bash yourself. It’s like the same as trying to forget that you broke a glass and also telling yourself you shouldn’t have done it.  The worst that I’ve seen people do is sulk away, close them up in a shell, engraving the pain into them, and thinking it to be the end of the world. Letting go is about accepting - that yes, there can be and will be people in life who can hurt you at times, but it’s all right to take them in stride. You cannot seclude yourself and wait for someone to massage your ego all the time. You cannot always win, but you can participate. And when this acceptance sinks in, you suddenly feel - you can breathe!!!

Smile for what you have rather than staring at the closed door and waiting for it to re-open someday. In crying for what we lost, we lose all that we have. And I’ve always believed that some people are meant to fall in love with each other, just that they’re not meant to be together! I wouldn’t let myself flow on this one, it might get disillusioned, but while everyone holds a new perspective to the phenomena of ‘letting go’, and its definitions may change across people, the bottom line lies with ‘acceptance’.  And the ticker -Never deprive yourself of a chance, because you don’t know what is waiting for you on the next turn!!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree... yuh shud olwayz give a second chance...... or rather... ONE MORE CHANCE... :)

    I WUD RATHER MAKE MISTAKES THAN DO NOTHING.....
    I WUD RATHER MESS UP ... THAN MISS OUT.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ravi: thanks for sharing..
    but just that you should also be prepared that there would be a day when giving chances would get over and you will have to call it off, willingly or unwillingly. i believed in giving innumerable chances to all till i realised that there should come a day when i should give MYSELF A CHANCE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!!! a lot more clarity and structured...
    'Letting Go'the feeling can be also closely associated with cleaning up the house. (I know its a vague example but if you can understand the corollary..) When we clean up the house, we find a lot of stuff in the house, we know we dont want it, we havent use them in while, but we just cant throw it. Not that we would ever need it, but just the thought that maybe one day, some day i might need it and then what would happen. The same thing apply for our feelings, it not that we want it, but when it comes to let go we just cant.. and when we clean up the house, initially the empty space feels bad, then we realize its not empty space, its the space you need in the house, so that you can move freely and enjoy the other things in the house...

    ReplyDelete