Friday, July 2, 2010

The unpredictability of being unpredictable


Sometimes when I retrospect, I realize the fickleness of my own unpredictability! I know, it’s kinda philosophical, but it makes sense to me halfway through. I always, since the discovery of my ‘decision-making’ powers, have believed that everything and anything in my life, tones down to last two, and then, I’M CONFUSED!!! Yeah, I know I shouldn’t accredit myself with the most profound discoveries, the options always streamline to 2-3 and then you pick… But my problem begins AFTER I PICK! To put it into straight words, well, the scales dip and I choose one, but when I have it, I don’t want it!!! Not that I find my left-out option interesting, I don’t want that too… And then, out of the blue, I’ll like something which wasn’t even an option in the first place. Huh!

I’ve hated that part of me, and I continue to do so. There’s this whole contentment and sense of equilibrium when the clarity of vision strikes me. I feel light and loose, it’s like detangling your hair with the conditioner. But the moment I contain the satisfaction of celebration, the scales dip again, and I’m all scattered. I wonder if I have any of my ruling signs as Libra in the natal chart, so being the true hard-core Leonine, the roar is loud, only till I don’t plan to retire. The problem being that I retire too soon, the moment I’ve got the glory, I sulk. I don’t want that anymore. It’s true that the moment of pride is gone and one should continue, but for me, I force myself to begin from a scratch! Wondering if ‘this’ is what everyone refers to when they put me as the most unpredictable…!

3 comments:

  1. i can relate to that confusion rather well. i change my mind on my choices more often than i change my clothes!
    well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, thats makes you "predictably... unpredictable.. ". Deciding between the two options, is not that difficult as owning the decision. The fickleness post the decision is a hestitation of owning the decision and not because of unpredictability. Its a very common phenomenon with a lot of people, who cant get to agree to their own decision, because post decision is the performance and the time to prove that they have made the right decision comes. Putting oneself to test is what we all are scared of.
    also the moment of glory is not in making a decision but living upto the decision. Success is not reflection of how well you decide but how well you execute your decision.
    Sorry, for the long comment, i just realized that i was commenting and not writing the blog ..and maybe looks like i should write a separate blog on this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @junaid: thanks a lot! and i find myself going on the track when people can connect to me.. hope i'll be there soon :)
    @gyani: about you writing a blog - well, it's never too late :)

    ReplyDelete